The world's largest faculty of nursing”
The school nurse plays a key role in the health and quality of life of chronically ill children and their families"
The school nurse is not a new figure, as it is already institutionalized and consolidated in other countries, in private and foreign schools in our country, in specific public schools for special education and even in autonomous communities such as Madrid, Castilla La Mancha or Castilla León, where there are already school nurses in ordinary schools where children with health problems are integrated"
The scientific evidence on the relevance of the school nurse is extensive and we can find more than 800 studies, the largest scientific database in the world, which support, justify and strongly recommend the presence of a school nurse. School nurses have offically carried out their work in lots of countries within the European Union and the rest of the world and the figure of a school nurse is institutionalized in all Special Education Schools.
- Currently, the School Nurse is gradually being introduced in regular schools where they performs various functions, among which the following stand out:
- Health education aimed at the entire education community
- Integral care of all the physical and psychological illnesses
- Control and monitoring of chronic illnesses
- Immediate care in emergencies
- Control of a balanced diet
- Prevention and early detection of the most prevalent health problems at school age
- Advisor/ Counselor
- Coordination and management of health issues
This Postgraduate Certificate in Nursing in the School brings together the different approaches and models of education, health and health education that have been proposed in recent years, in order to facilitate programming, implementation and evaluation of these interventions for those who are new to this type of intervention, and to support training in health education.
Update your knowledge through the Postgraduate Certificate in Nursing in Schools , in a practical way and adapted to your needs”
This Postgraduate Certificate in Nursing in Schools contains the most complete and up-to-date scientific program on the market. The most important features of the program include:
- The graphic, schematic and eminently practical contents of the course are designed to provide all the essential information required for professional practice.
- It contains exercises where the self-assessment process can be carried out to improve learning.
- Latest trends in health education and the educational process in children.
- All of this will be complemented by theoretical lessons, questions to the expert, debate forums on controversial topics, and individual reflection assignments.
- Content that is accessible from any fixed or portable device with an Internet connection.
This Postgraduate Certificate may be the best investment you can make when choosing a refresher program for two reasons: in addition to updating your knowledge in Nursing in Schools , you will obtain a Postgraduate Certificate qualification from TECH Technological University”
Its teaching staff includes renowned specialists in the field of School Nursing who bring the experience of their work to this training.
The multimedia content developed with the latest educational technology will provide the professional with situated and contextual learning, i.e., a simulated environment that will provide an immersive training program to train in real situations.
The design of the program is based on Problem-Based Learning, by means of which the nursing professional must try to solve the different professional practice situations that arise throughout the course. For this reason, you will be assisted by an innovative, interactive video system created by renowned and experienced experts in the field of School Nursing with extensive teaching experience.
Incorporate the latest trends in school health and learn new strategies in health education"
You will be able to complete the course 100% online, adapting it to your needs and allowing you to study while you carry out your full-time healthcare work"
The structure of the curriculum has been designed by a team of professionals knowledgeable about the implications of school nursing training in professional practice within an educational center, aware of the current relevance of specialization and committed to quality teaching through new educational technologies.
This Postgraduate Certificate in Nursing in Schools contains the most complete and up-to-date scientific program on the market ”
Module 1. Health Promotion in Schools Integration of the School Nurse
1.1. Four Key Ideas: Health, Health Promotion, Prevention and Health Education
1.2. The Health Promoting School Movement
1.3. Health Promoting Schools Network
1.4. Health as a Cross-Cutting Issue at School
1.5. School Nursing: An Interdisciplinary Reality
Module 2. From Theory to Practice: Day to Day Life in a Regular School
2.1. Nursing Within the Spanish Educational System
2.2. Administration and Management Function: Implementation of the School Nursing Service
2.3. The Role of the School Nurse: Competencies and Development
2.4. Teaching Role of the Nurse
A unique, key, and decisive training experience to boost your professional development”